Home » Italian Food
Category Archives: Italian Food
Dining in an Italian restaurant can become addictive. It is because fine Italian dining evokes memories of home-cooked meals. As soon as you enter an Italian restaurant, the smell of fresh herbs, vegetables and olive oil seems overpowering. Actually, the aurora reminds of a delicious food at a home in a country-side setting.
For Americans, their love for Italian food is eternal. The most distinguishing features of the food are recipes that have been passed from generations. Perhaps, the ingredients used in these recipes are the real cause of our love with the Italian cuisine. In addition to the pleasing taste, almost all major ingredients used in the classical Italian dish are extremely healthy, particularly for the heart tissues.
Accordingly, some of the major ingredients, which makes the Italian food so tasty are described below.
1. Olive Oil: Loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, olive oil is mainly monounsaturated. Despite the fact that it contains high cholesterol levels, the oil help raise the good cholesterol level and reduce LDL bad cholesterol. Overall, the main advantage of olive oil is to protect against heart disease by lowering the blood pressure. Besides, it is known to actively prevent formation of gallstones enabling the human body to fight cancer.
2. Garlic: For centuries, garlic is known to posses powerful antibiotic capabilities. Just like the olive oil, it is used to lower the heart risk as it helps to thin blood vessels. In addition, doctors have used garlic since the old ages helping cure everything from common cold to snakebites.
3. Tomatoes: Unlike other vegetables and fruits, which lose some of their efficacy after cooking, fresh tomatoes remain a powerful source of potassium and vitamins, even after they are cooked in oil. Researchers have also proved that tomatoes can reduce body fat and inflammation. In fact, they are used to lower hearth disease, osteoporosis and cancer.
4. Basil: Basil is one of the most common ingredients in many Italian dishes. Recent research has indicated that it helps to smooth the blood flow, which prevents blood clots. In Italy, it is traditionally known to fight cold, flu, viral infections and seasonal allergies. In fact, basil is also used extensively to cure stomach pains and indigestion.
5. Mushrooms: Among the most well-known antioxidant vegetables, mushrooms are an essential part of almost every major Italian dish. It is well-known to fight Alzheimer disease and help lose weight.
When visiting an Italian restaurant, make sure to order the sauteed dishes and keep away from the fried recipes. If possible, it is a good idea to consume less bread. Doing so, will help to take full advantage of the healthy ingredients, mentioned above.
While in New York, try Tarallucci e Vino, fine Italian restaurant located at Union Square. The establishment is known for traditional Italian dishes created by Chef Riccardo, who uses recipes that are passed to him from generations. The intimate environment enhances the experience at Tarallucci e Vino. Despite the intimacy, this Italian restaurant is perfect for small gathering of only 30 individuals to a large party of 80 guests.
Italian food is a feel-good favorite in many American households. The warm, inviting aroma encountered upon entering an Italian restaurant beckons patrons and passerby to partake of traditional family recipes in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. Not only does Italian food warm the heart and home, it also has many health benefits. The fresh, healthy ingredients commonly used in Italian dishes benefit the body as well as the mind. Some of the most common components are olive oil, mushrooms, tomato, garlic, and basil. Olive oil is well known for lowering cholesterol, improving high blood pressure, and protecting against heart disease. Mushrooms are a powerhouse of antioxidants, which protect against heart disease, cancer, and many other conditions, while also being free of cholesterol and fat. Tomatoes are also full of antioxidants, reduce inflammation, and contain numerous vitamins and minerals. Garlic has been used by numerous cultures for generations for its potent healing capabilities. It can lower the risk of blood clots and is packed with antioxidants. Basil has traditionally been used to boost the immune system, protect against cholesterol, and treat stomach issues. It is a strong anti-inflammatory and may reduce the risk of heart attacks. With so many beneficial ingredients, and many more not listed here, it is clear that Italian food is as good for the body as it is for the taste buds.
If you are searching for a private events place that serves heartwarming and healthy Italian food for any occasion it is vital to consider a visit to Tarallucci e Vino. Tarallucci e Vino, located in New York City, is a high quality Italian venue with fresh, nutritious foods. The menu at Tarallucci e Vino is crafted around the highest quality seasonal produce available at Union Square Market and through local producers, ensuring the freshest ingredients possible for its succulent dishes. The wine selection is sourced from small, family owned wineries in Italy and includes wines not widely found in the United States.
The Tarallucci e Vino on Union Square features four unique spaces for hosting events such as weddings, business gatherings, cocktail parties, receptions, and many others. This location can accommodate 150 seated guests or cocktail parties of up to 250 guests. The Mezzanine is perfect for smaller events of about 30-80 attendees. The Mezzanine contains a bar, a lounge area, and its own wine cellar. The intimate, modern setting provides an instant sophisticated ambiance for any event. The 6th Floor Loft is a more spacious setting that can accommodate larger groups of 50-120 guests. Private menus that incorporate the finest local organic produce can be crafted for each event. Tarallucci e Vino should certainly be top of the list for anyone looking for a venue that serves healthy, sophisticated Italian crafted cuisine in an exquisite setting.